We are not just about Math. We are about EDUCATION.
New Mission Statement
The mission of The New Jersey Coalition for World Class Math is to ensure a world class education for all students.
- NJ Core Curriculum Content Standards must be based on curriculum standards of the highest performing countries on international tests and the top rated US state standards. Standards must be of the highest quality thus ensuring focus, coherence, clarity and rigor.
- Teacher preparation and professional development must be modeled on success of the top ranked countries and states to ensure that the students receive the highest quality instruction.
- The assessments, which often drive curriculum, must accurately reflect content standards to measure student mastery of those standards.
- All facets of education that are endorsed by NJ Department of Education and local school districts must not have any conflicts of interest and must be fiscally responsible. This must be ensured by requiring the NJ DOE and local school districts employ transparent processes and procedures.
- Model success in the areas of curriculum, teacher preparation, and professional development.
All New Jersey students must be prepared to compete
in the global economy!
The Final Common Core Standards Were Adopted by the NJ State Board of Education, June, 2010.
Common Core Standards for Mathematics